Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Sun, Sand, and Reading!


Gotta admit, I've been a bit distracted at my desk this week. Because as of Thursday I am headed to the above photo--Daytona Beach! For the Coastal Magic Convention. This is a reader's and writer's convention that's held every year at a hotel on the beach in the winter. Sun, fun, AND readers! Sign me up!

Last time I came to this convention a couple years ago it rained most of the time. Hopefully that won't happen this time around. But even if it does I'm sure I'll keep busy with all the events they have going on. Panels, parties, meet and greets and lunches. It's going to be great.

My only regret is that JUST THIS NIGHT won't be out yet for sale. When I had originally signed up, the book had been scheduled for a January release so I thought the timing would be perfect. BUT it was not meant to be. That's okay though. I do have some ARCs to give away to readers I might meet and postcards. And I can always show off my Mari Mancusi books.

I have to say - I love conventions like this. Sometimes writing is such a solitary venture and it's not until you go to things like this and really get to know and interact with readers that you remember how important your job is as a writer. Because it's not just about the stories. It's about connecting with other people through your words. THAT is the real magic in my opinion. And going to things like these really makes that magic feel real.

I promise to take lots of photos and post them when I get back!!

MARI

No comments:

Post a Comment